Sunday, March 29, 2009

Bread Cache

I have been hoarding these recipes, and I am tired of keeping up with the tabs so I am going to group them here, and share pre-tested:

Pizza Crust

Irish Soda Bread
Bread Machine Bread
Focaccia

Sadly I STILL do not have all of the necessary flours, but wonderful things happen like this morning's muffins when I just make do. Pizza crust is a go, but I have already planned the weeks menu, as for the rest 1) I lost my bread machine paddle and am too cheap to pay for the replacement-- I am waiting to find it at a thrift store and 2) millet flour. I have heard good reviews on millet flour, and have even held a bag of it in my hand. But no, alas, I have 5 gluten free flours (7 until this morning when I used up all the white rice and buckwheat flours) and 3 different starches and xanthan gum, but not millet. Heh. So my hesitation over whether or not I had it a home I believe is excusable.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't that Indian market have millet flour? For some reason I thought I saw it there.

    ReplyDelete