Sunday, March 29, 2009

Yummy Muffins

I finally have a successfully made from scratch gluten free recipe. I decided to wing it and just substitute what I had on hand and add a dash of xanthan gum.

GF Yogurt Coffee Cake Muffins*
1/2 c butter substitute
3/4 c sugar
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
1 1/2 c yogurt
1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1 c rice flour
1 c buckwheat flour
1 t xanthan gum

topping:
1/2 t cinnamon
2 T sugar
1 T brown sugar

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Mix well. Combine baking soda, baking powder and flours. Add to wet mixture. Scoop into greased muffin tins, layering topping between dollops of mix. Sprinkle topping over each muffin. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes. Yield: 1 dozen muffins

This was so good, that my test subjects said: "You can eat these?!"

Yes. I. Can.

For you see my dear, these too are gluten free and delicious.

*Original Recipe: Finer Things In Life

2 comments: