Friday, July 17, 2009

Spaghetti Squash

Okay. This one left me a little speechless. It was delicious and all I could think is that actual spaghetti was someone's poor attempt to recreate this elusive dish, this magical vegetable, and failed completely.

Spaghetti Squash

1. Boil for 30 min., cut in half, scoop out seeds, remove peel, done.
2. Cut in half, roast 375 for 30 min, scoop out seeds, remove peel, done.

The flesh of this squash when cooked separates into individual strands, very small angel hair like strands. They have a little crunch to them, but I think that means we made them aldente', and additional cooking would change that. But it was good, very good.

We sauteed ours with olive oil, onions, mushrooms, and garlic. Then served it as a side dish.

I am growing these. And will grow many, many more next year. They seem to have a short season, but can be frozen cooked for year round enjoyment.

P.S. All of this we talk is because I managed to scald myself removing the squash from the boiling water and Chris had to finish making dinner. so. WARNING Use caution when handling and removing squash from boiling water.

No comments:

Post a Comment