Monday, August 31, 2009

Spending Freeze

How long do you think you could continue to feed and run your household without buying anything? My deep freeze is fairly well stocked and so is my dry goods pantry, so at first I thought six months, with a little ingenuity, no problem.

Then I realized we would most likely get scurvy, and my husband would REALLY have to be on-board with the plan.

So I am going to try it for a week, starting today. And just so you know we ran out of dishwasher detergent 4 days ago.

This first week will be:
1) Seeing if I can stand NOT going to the store.
2) If those crazy make-it-yourself cleaning products really work.
3) Finding motivation to work on all those unfinished projects, seemingly unrelated but with some now extra free time relevant.

And after this confidence building test run, I will begin looking into what else I could incorporate into our garden for Fall/Winter fruit (they whole scurvy thing) and consumable variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment